Making the most of your visit or free time in Austin can be overwhelming so a good tour guide is a must. Chelsea Francis is the right woman to curate your time in town and she's the perfect person to curate an Austin gift batch. Read on to experience Austin with one of its biggest fans.
Tell us a little bit about what brought you to Austin and yourself.
I moved to Austin for basically no specific reason whatsoever! My husband and I were interested in moving away from our college town + we were just looking into cities that seemed to be thriving.
What makes this city so special to you?
This city is special to me because of the wonderful people that I've met here! Everyone in Austin is like this base level of kind that I can't express to people that don't live here. Gosh. I love this place.
You picked such a fun Austin box - tell us what you love most about the products you chose?
I wanted to choose things made by people I loved + admired, while also choosing treats. I wanted my box to be the perfect gift for a friend, colleague, or even for yourself. I choose some bath goodies from my friends at Benjamin Soap Company + The Good Hippie, some treats from the awesome people over at Skull and Cakebones, a guide to Austin by Wildsam, and a bunch of other awesome things!
If you had 24 hours in Austin what should we do?
- 6:30am: Swim during the sunrise at Barton Springs
- 8am: Coffee at Caffe Medici on South Lamar! Say hello to my husband for me ;)
- 9am: Magnolia Cafe! Have a light breakfast, you'll be eating a good deal today!
- 10am: Movie at the Alamo Drafthouse! Even though it's early, get the buffalo cauliflower or some freshly baked warm cookies.
- 1pm: Go have a coffee at Fleet Coffee!
- 2:30pm: Have a glass of wine at June's and then go walk around South Congress!
- 5pm: Odd Duck Happy Hour! The entire top half of the menu is half off! Bring someone with you and order it all! Bottles of wine are half off too! You're welcome!
- 6:30pm: Pop into Charm School Vintage before they close!
- 7pm: Go on a quick tour of some of the fun art walls around Austin while it's still light out!
- 9pm: Dinner at Kemuri Tatsu-Ya! One of my favorite meals I've ever eaten. SO GOOD. Order the Karaage Chicken, the Crispy Onigiri, and the Chili Cheese Takoyake!
- 11pm: Close your night out by having a drink Nickel City!
I’m a stop-to-take-a-photo kind of gal as much as I’m a stop-you-to-tell-you-how-pretty-you-are kind of gal. I appreciate the little things, laugh and cry with my whole heart, and love nothing more than long conversations over pancakes and breakfast meats. As a photographer, I love to capture life, editorial work, and love because I believe that everything is worth celebrating. When I connect with someone who is passionate about who they are and what they do, we can make magic together. Whether we’re chatting over coffee or I’ve got you in front of my camera, I’d love to meet you and hear your story.