We hear a lot of stats and stories about Nashville's current boom, but how well do you know the facts? Here's a quick true/false quiz to see if you've been paying attention to the changes in Music City. Scroll down for the answers.
- True or False - In 2018, 100 people a day moved to Nashville.
- True or False - There are more hotel rooms under construction and planned than opened so far in 2019 plus 2018 and 2017.
- True or False - Nashville is ranked ahead of Huntsville in the 2019 Top 100 Best Places To Live according 1,000 millennials across the country surveyed by livability.com
- True or False - Nashville has more Kurds than any other city in the United States and MNPS voted to add Kurdish to its list of world languages available for high school credit.
- True or False - Atlanta has a higher cost of living than Nashville according to move.org.
- False - The Nashville MSA grew by an average of 83 people a day between July 2017 and July 2018. The region grew by an average of 94 people a day the year prior. https://www.bizjournals.com/
nashville/news/2019/04/18/ update-your-talking-points- nashville-s-population.html
- True - So far this year, 926 new hotel rooms have opened—on top of 2,304 in 2018 and 1,219 in 2017. (Another 4,567 are under construction with more than 3,300 in the proposal process.) https://fortune.com/
- False - Huntsville is ranked 40. Nashville is ranked 84. https://livability.com/
- True - The Metro Nashville Public Schools board approved a proposal to add Kurdish to its list of world languages available for high school credit. https://www.
nashvillepublicradio.org/post/ metro-school-board-approves- adding-kurdish-its-high- school-languages#stream/0
- False - It costs an average of $2,142.09 per month to live in Atlanta. It costs an average of $50 more per month to live in Nashville.https://www.move.